Heart Healthy Summer Foods
On these hot summer days it can be tempting to reach for quick fast-food options. However, we know that the better option is a home cooked meal.
The idea of making those meals may seem tiring but there are plenty of simple heart healthy options that can be made at home. There are plenty of recipes that are packed with good-for-you veggies, protein, and carbs. These foods will leave you feeling the best after every meal. And don’t worry, while there are some exciting salmon dishes, this isn’t just some variations of baked salmon and steamed veggies.
- Tandoori Salmon Kebabs – This is a great alternative to meat kebabs that is much more heart healthy. These can be used as a perfect summer barbecue food that is chockfull of omega 3s.
- Greek Pasta Salad – This salad is the perfect addition to any barbecue that has cooling effects with fresh crunchy vegetables and light dressing.
- Hearty Bean Burrito Bowl – This quick meal replaces the carb filled tortilla and is packed with veggies and hearty beans
- Horseradish Salmon Cakes – These creamy salmon cakes can be served alone or with salad and make a light refreshing meal
- Chhole – This quick healthy Indian recipe can be made in minutes and is nutrient rich and has the added bonus of being vegetarian and vegan
These are just a few simple recipes to improve heart health while also trying out new and exciting flavors. These meals are light and refreshing and perfect for the summer.